College Review Board
2012 College Review Board Policies
This board is made up of two coaches’ representatives and two umpires’ representatives. The “Collegiate Coaches and Umpires Committee” (CCUC) will select the Representatives, and the Chair, of the College Review Board. The CRB chair and members serve for a term of 2 years beginning on January 1st and may be appointed to consecutive terms. No more than 2 members may rotate off the committee in any one year. When necessary, a member’s term may be extended.
Chair: Patti Cleary (’13)
162 Barrett place
Alexandria, VA 22304
Judy Strong (’12)
76 Elm Street
Hatfield, MA 01038
Coaches Representatives: Melissa Falen (’13)
College of Notre Dame
4701 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21210
Chris Sailer (’12)
Princeton, NJ 08544
The purpose of this board is to address positive and negative concerns regarding the conduct of coaches/umpires/institutions within the women’s collegiate game, keeping in mind the code of conduct policies of the following governing bodies: IWLCA (Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association), WDOC (Women’s Division of Officials Council) of US Lacrosse. The CRB representing the CCUC, will respond to concerns/complements presented on the "College Game Report Form" (CGRF). This form is intended to create a way for coaches and umpires to raise concerns or express appreciation. The College Review Board is charged with determining the causes of concerns, addressing them, and to help facilitate a growth and positive outcome.
(Note: This process and form will not replace the “US Lacrosse Code of Ethical Conduct” grievance procedures established by the Women’s Division Officials Council.)
The CRB chair will be responsible for the following:
1. Review policies and procedures with CRB members at the start of each season.
2. Pre-schedule bi-weekly conference calls during the seasons to ensure timely communication.
A call may be cancelled if the board does not have any CGR’s or issues to discuss.
3. Complete a response form for each CGR received for record keeping and consistency and
send a copy to each board member.
4. Submit a written report on the board’s activities to the CCUC by May 15th.
Format for the College Review Board to Respond to Forms Submitted
1. The Chair of the CRB will review forms submitted.
2. The Chair will disseminate the CGR to all CRB members with suggestions for responding to the
3. The board will agree on a response.
4. If necessary, an Umpires' Representative will contact any umpire involved in the
CGR, and a Coaches' Representative will contact any coach involved in
the CGR, unless otherwise decided upon by the board
5. Those submitting forms will be notified promptly upon receipt of the form and will be informed
of an outcome as quickly as possible.
6. After an individual has had two (2) negative forms filed with the College Review Board, and
after the individual has received two (2) contacts by the CRB, the CRB may contact the school
Athletic Administrator or the WDOC Ethics Committee regarding the conduct in question. The
goal of this form is to address negative situations before more formal actions must be taken
and to also provide a venue for acknowledging superior performance.
Posting of the “College Game Report Form”
The form will be distributed by the US Lacrosse WDOC to all local umpiring boards. It will also become part of the “Umpire’s Manual”. The IWLCA and US Lacrosse WDCC will distribute the form to all of the collegiate coaches. The form will also be available via the IWLCA and US Lacrosse WDOC and WDCC web sites.
Means to Submit “College Game Report Forms”
E-mail to the College Review Board Chair: Patti Cleary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Video tapes/clips must be received within one week of the game in question and sent to at least one umpire and one coach member of the committee.